Wednesday, September 7, 2016

First Post ft. Russ Mills

I'm Jessica and this is my Studio 1 blog. The first project we've done in this class this year was to make a two page spread of an artist that we chose to be our mentor. I chose Russ Mills, and here is what I created:



I painted the background with black and blue watercolor. I used white paint to spell out his name, and traced it with pencil. I re-created two of his pieces and added another piece he made up at the top. I added some texture to the pages as well, using tissue paper with type on it and black felt. I used paint to create spaces to write some facts about Mills, and what I liked from his work and what I liked about how he used different techniques.

P.S.: my link for my blog is taken from one of my favorite songs by twenty one pilots :)

10 comments: